Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lolla

I'm glad that I went to Lollapalooza. It's something that I checked off my list and can say that I did. And I saw some amazing performers- Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Santigold (who I like to call Goldi-santa) and witnessed where this American Life used to take place at Public Radio International. I got to eat a homemade marshmallow at a hip restaurant, I felt connected to friends from college, and I saw the new modern wing and a Cy Twombly exhibit at the Institute of Art.
I also realized that I love San Francisco and my community here. Not that I didn't before, just being in another city creates distance and makes me realize what I have.
I have relationships, I've started painting, I've cleaned out my room. This summer, I might not have accomplished everything that I wanted to, but I came pretty close. Thanks to my voyage across the globe, I have a new perspective on life. I've seen my family, went to another music festival. I don't know if I'm ready to start school in two weeks, ready for the rigors of academia and the challenges of the classroom. I ate amazing heirloom tomatoes, saw the sun for a few days, shared my experiences and listened to those of my friends'.
I've held a mirror up to my face and seen my mperfections. I am more confident now than I was in June, thanks to God's grace. I still get anxious, I still am extraverted, I still exude energy. Somehow, God has worked through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment