Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gem is BAAACK!!!

I'm starting to feel like myself again. I had a moment yesterday when I didn't want to wake up from my afternoon nap and wanted to instead, lay in bed and fret about talking Africa with my friends. I was scared of being vulnerable, of technical problems, of not knowing what to say or how to say it. I overcame all of those hurdles, somehow, though I did say a few things like "Pygmies breed Pygmies" and "That woman was really important to me, but I don't remember her name."
I got a card in the mail today with one of my team members to remind me of what had happened. And I got to talk to Laura today about my experiences there. More and more, I feel like God is saying, "Meg, I've still got you in San Francisco for a reason." Pryor thinks it is so I can become a teacher, Rachael thinks so I can continue to build relationships with families at my school, Claudia so I can continue to invest in community.
I'm still all over the place, that hasn't changed, but I'm starting to find my spirit again, minus the anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment