Thursday, August 20, 2009

Negative to neutral

It's all about relinquishing control. Filling out the federal loan papers and starting classes next Tuesday. Letting kids be kids because they should be able to, not because you want them to be a certain way. Realizing that conflict can bring growth, new relationships can give hope, and that my life isn't full of as many stresses as I make it out to have. As Lunden put it, "Meg, why do you need to go to yoga? You are Meg, what can you possibly be stressed out about?"
That's so true, all of my basic needs are met, but I find ways everyday to find unmet expectations and disappointment in even the most positive of circumstance. How do you accept when people tell you that you blessed them through encouragement? Or that not everyone is getting along and it doesn't have to do with me? Seeing the movie "Extract," although humorous, almost makes me shudder to see what we can do when one thing can spin out of control in our lives and impact everyone around us.
I'm all about the negative, I want to be all about the neutral, en route to the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment