Monday, July 20, 2009

The last 48 hours have been a blur...

Saying things that don't make sense.
Using a phone again. And hearing it ring?
Leaving a bag on the plane and then realizing I left it, since I was so tired and disoriented, but then getting it back.
Having weird malaria-dreams en route, like I was chewing the blanket from the plane?
Feeling like I was in France again, after having a Paul sandwich at the airport in Amsterdam. Memories from too many train station weekend getaways.
Did I really go to Uganda? My life here seems too normal, like I picked up right where I left off.
But I'm different, I trust God more, I don't want to be frustrated, angry, confused when I'm disobedient to Him.
And I'm a million times more grateful and feel undeserving for what I do have. I have all of these ideas swimming in my head about how I can give what I have here and transfer it there somehow. Even take all of the things from the street, store them in my room, and ship them over. Maybe not the most practical though.
I am captivated by the joy of the people there and their dependence on God. I need to figure out a way to capture it back in my life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment