Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Waiting for Superman

Waiting for Superman

Here I am, still waiting. Waiting for my own classroom, where I hope to start educational reform.
That will start tomorrow.

Waiting for my credential, so I can at some point teach in a public school. Waiting to talk to others whose experiences in education have influenced their thoughts of the film. Waiting to see how the excitement I've seen of teachers I've been surrounded with- in BATTI, at Columbia, will infiltrate the world of education. How my vision of starting a school will one day, hopefully, materialize. Waiting for when I can create my own Harlem Children's Zone in some area of the world, where families and their basic needs, as well as their child's education, are met. Where families don't have to painstakingly wait through a lottery process so that they can find out if their child will receive a quality education. Waiting for teachers to join together in the pursuit of educating children- it being about the kids and not themselves. Waiting for when I feel as though I can affect change, the kind of change I want to see in the world (thanks, Ghandi).

No comments:

Post a Comment