Wednesday, September 1, 2010

TMI

Too much information- Julie and Adam thought this name might be perfect for my blog, but I guess that's what I like about it.
It's hard to believe something that you've waited for so long is actually coming true. Something you didn't actually think could ever happen... in my case, being in charge of a classroom. My head is swimming with doubts- what am I doing? how did I ever think I could do this? where do I begin? I have the high school English head of department's grandson in my class. And I'm sharing my room, trying to make it bilingually appropriate, yet welcoming at the same time. I'm running between floors, trying to make my presence known in third grade before I take over a maternity leave position in December and have input on decisions being made now.
With no bike and no car, I'm now subject to the whims of the MUNI and its erratic scheduling. Or I'm walking 2 miles to class, needing to somehow enjoy the San Francisco heatwave of summer. Trying to set boundaries so that people don't think I'm a marshmallow. Collecting books whenever I get the chance, knowing they can't all fit in my room much longer. Figuring out if I want to get my masters or even think about more school. Feeling like I'm a senior in my credential program- it's getting harder to be motivated, get to class on time, and give 110%. Wondering how I pretend to be mature but yet feel like a first grader inside most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment