Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BTS Pt deux

I made it through another Back to School night, sweaty palms at all. When asked questions like, "Will my child read in French or English first?" or having moms sit on the rug like their children, or having parents speaking 2 different languages, not understanding each other, I have to think... is this really my life? I don't know if there was ever a place other than San Francisco where I would wear a dress, looking like Madeleine (minus my hat), work at a French school, talk about "auras" and positive energy with parents, walk/ride my bike home with my students while wearing my watermelon helmet, drink wine on the fire escape with my roommate Rachael, sing to every Brittany Spears song on Glee, and go to sleep feeling like it's summer at the end of September, sweating every minute of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment