Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quirky, quirkier, quirkiest

So I looked this word up in the dictionary, since I wasn't sure if I should place a negative or positive connotation around it. It might not be completely and purely positive, but it can be- you are full of unique surprises if you are quirky (thanks to EK's definition). It may be the opposite of status quo or not normal per say, according to RW and RA.

Regardless, I'm trying to be okay with this. I want to live the purpose that I'm feeling called to live out, and maybe that's through being silly, being myself, bringing life to situations, and making people feel welcome. I might be the single girl in the room full of couples, maybe that's what makes me even more one-of-a-kind. I will walk home from church by myself on a Sunday, play bananagrams all afternoon, unable to pump up my own bike tires, drive around for a half hour looking for parking and not knowing how to change lanes. All of this doesn't mean that I'm unloveable, but rather that I'm quirky.

2 comments:

  1. hey i think it's that pump and not your inner tubes. apparently bike pumps have different size nozzles, so i think that one is too big for yours and that's why no air was going in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you read what you wrote about yourself under the "about me" section, it screams quirky. and dammit, it's GOOD quirky NOT bad quirky.

    ReplyDelete