Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a dream...

That I'll be continually growing in grace.

It's been one of those weekends where I've been continually stretched beyond what I thought possible. I've had to depend on people and ask for help. I've had to realize that they still love me despite the fact that I'm a broken mess, who can't hold true to everything I say I will or act a certain way all of the time. I've been withholding parts of my life from God and He's in turn, seemingly withholding to me. I've let feelings take over: they make good slaves but not good masters (thanks to Debby for that one).
But, I've also powerfully experienced the civil rights movement through the movie Soundtrack of a Revolution, such that I think I'll be better equipped next year to teach my kids about MLK day. This year, they made clouds saying I have a dream... that they hung around their necks and some responded by saying I have a dream... that I will get a cat while others said I have a dream... that everyone who's homeless will have something to eat. Some of them understood, others did not.
Or, I got to understand that I'm loved by my friends even when I'm not at my best. That I really have this inner creativity that needs to be met, by painting, by going to a museum, by designing bulletin boards at school. That Sunday nights filled with Little Star and laughter start the week off right.

1 comment: