Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tgives

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, a few things I am thankful for:

While working at my school,
Parent-teacher conferences that made feeling like parents and teachers were on the same team
Parents who bring me their leftover Kiehl's cleansers and ask me to teach their children creative writing
Teachers who will debrief post-conferences at Hotel Biron over wine and cheese and then drive me home in the pouring rain
Emails from parents congratulating me on my third grade maternity leave position

In my community,
Discussions on work, life, faith- how they all intertwine. And people that are more experienced sharing their wisdom with the 20-somethings in a conversational, peer-to-peer way.
Going to the same houses for years and still feeling at home- and feeling blessed to have some of those same people around me.
People bringing me and my roommates faux fir trees all of the way from China.
Friends to have neopolitan shakes with at in-n-out late on a Saturday night
People to triple date with, who will send emails the following day to make sure there were no hurt feelings, to sit in traffic with
People who will eat the pumpkin waffles with me every Saturday morning, cover me at Trader Joe's when my card is scratched, and find me when they need me

In my family,
A brother who will laugh with me about silly things
A dad who is embracing a new life transition
A mom who is facing it with him, open to the possibilities ahead
Cousins who will host me for a third year at Thanksgiving


2 comments: