Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peanut butter pretzels

I'm eating them because I didn't have time during class to stomach any more than a salad. I feel like all I can do these days is snack and then move on to the next thing- be it filling out a case study, writing out Christmas cards, or helping a first grader who needs my attention.
It's hard this time of year, to rest, to stop, to wait. I'm trying to be patient this Advent season and see what God has in store.
So far, He's teaching me a lot:
I'm back to taking MUNI after my bike had two flat tires
I can lead my peers just like I can little kids
I can decide to care less what other people think about me
God has more for me than I know or want for myself
I can go and do administrative tasks in the classroom and not be any less of a teacher
I don't have to prove myself with my grades, like I once felt like I had to do
I don't know if people know me in the way I want to be known... (that's the most revelatory one yet)
And lastly, that I have a lot to be thankful for. Not just the 5 things that my roommate Lisa made me come up with during the holiday season that I worked for Louis Vuitton two years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment