Sunday, September 20, 2009

Merried

Yesterday was the first time that I knew a bride and groom, their families, the pastor, and most of the bridesmaids, groomsmen. It made it all the more powerful to see such a momentous occasion take place having seen the process firsthand and God's provision in both the bride and groom's life.

I got choked up hearing Karl Digerness play "Fairest Lord Jesus," reminding me of San Francisco's own Sufjan Stevens. I got to have two lovely dates, Dan and Skylar, looking out for me, as well as great friends and roommates to share the event with. Pryor and I were the two remaining people on the dance floor.

Living in San Francisco can be like living in a dream sometimes; it doesn't seem real. What I have here I haven't experienced anywhere else. Yesterday was proof: two good friends joining together to serve each other. Never before had I heard that analogy used at a wedding, but it was the most selfless love I've seen.

As hopeless as I feel about dating here, I am excited to see what God is doing here and now in our community. Nathan plus Julie is evidence of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment