Sunday, May 23, 2010

Life is too short

To play the victim
To be scared about every decision I have to make
To worry about not being where I want to be right now
To clench tightly to my expectations, relationships
To feel sorry for myself all of the time

It's time to see the "golden nuggets" as Claud says...

That my kids at school have collected over 1,000 books for kids in Africa
That I finished spring semester, halfway through my credential program
That my mom is just as/even more excited to go to Africa this summer
That I have almost 700 friends on Facebook, which definitely makes up for the fact that two of the bestest have just moved away (not really)
That there are people in my life who do care about me, value my feelings, defend me in conversation, share my need for being loved
That there is a God who wants to listen to me, love me, cherish me, pursue me
That a stolen bike means a hip, new road bike to ride around the city
That I made it through the last two weeks, hopeful I'm on the up and up

No comments:

Post a Comment