Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I did it

Today could have been one of those days that easily could have fallen apart at the seams.
I stayed up late last night, wondering why I hadn't worked on my final math presentation sooner.

I had to take 40 kids on a field trip today and was in charge of getting them across the city and back on MUNI (without talking to strangers!), communicating with parents, catching windy papers, organizing the day.

I don't know how I'm going to be in such a responsible position most of the time, but somehow I do it.

I did my presentation, my friend said I looked like I felt comfortable in front of the class. I didn't completely lose my train of thought and freeze up in anxiety.

I tutored a reluctant French speaker into learning English through a small bribe of counting to 1-100 with M&Ms.

I made it everywhere I (and the kids traveling across the city) needed to be, on time.

I confronted a potentially volatile situation at school with a neutral attitude, not taking sides.

I might have left my second lost water bottle of the week at school, been humbled by my ability to climb up the hill of Fulton St on my bike, forgotten to eat lunch, still not been able to upload videos to websites, come to terms with the fact that I'm single for what seems to be a while right now, and above all realized that my real problem is a low view I have towards God.

But part of being twenty-six a week from today (almost to the minute, East Coast time), is realizing that I'm okay. What I feel isn't always necessarily true. I may not be able to choose how I react to situations, but I can choose to what degree I let them affect me (all of these insights thanks to MR and her overflowing joys).

No comments:

Post a Comment