Sunday, May 16, 2010

I made it through last week...

A week of a 26th birthday. Feeling loved all day and not letting the "fragile" self emerge. Sharing drinks with 18 of my closest classmates. Being taken to brunch with a best friend. Celebrating with 80 6-year-olds all week long.

A best friend moving away, with another one to follow this week.

A dress-sewing party for Africa (and re-learning how to sew in the process).

Two final projects to be turned in.

Leading four classes of 20 first-graders by myself and growing in the process.

Talking to kids' parents about my passion for Africa over beers.

Seeing an empty room, closet, and shower shelf- being my myself in the apartment all weekend.

Sharing breakfast at Ella's.

Being mature in my outlook about relationships with boys.

Finding out I'll be teaching special ed this summer in SFUSD.

Choosing to take care of myself and sleep for 13 hours in a 24 hour period, even if I would be disappointing other people.

If I made it through last week, I can make it through anything. I may still cry and mourn the moving of my friends from San Francisco, teaching will still be hard for a while, but I feel things deeply and that's okay. I don't need to explain myself to anyone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment