Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's been a RAD (I think I'm being inspired by the Weeds character right now) weekend in a lot of ways. Lots of personal growth, things I have never done before:
1) Smoking "Turkish delight" at a Hookah bar with Wimberly on Friday night
2) Praying for 3! hours today with some of my closest friends
3) Being "me" all weekend long
4) Walking around Lake Merritt the whole perimeter (3.3 miles) in cowboy boots... those boots were made for walking
5) Asking people for things that I need
6) Getting sun (in San Francisco), just so rare that it feels like it's never ever happened
7) Knitting on a beach
8) Driving (my friend's car) over the Bay Bridge
9) Seeing Oakland in a whole new light
10) And... Anne Lamott tomorrow:

Something inside me that was stiff and rotting would feel soft and tender. Somehow that singing wore down all the boundaries and distinctions that kept me so isolated. Sitting there, standing with them to sing, sometimes so shaky and sick that I felt like I might tip over, I felt bigger than myself, like I was being taken care of, tricked into coming back to life. (Traveling Mercies)

No comments:

Post a Comment