Sunday, February 7, 2010

REVIVE


I have a Nikki McClure calendar, thanks to the ingenious of my friend Robin and Little Otsu. Each month is a new word, with a printed illustration. This month is REVIVE. When I first changed the month from January to February, not only was I excited for a new month, but I was excited for a new saying to greet me upon coming into my room. REVIVE I thought might be synonymous with reviving relationships, reviving yourself, etc, etc. But it was REVIVE with tools surrounding it- tools that are made to craft and be creative with. So, my month of February is about reviving my spirit through creative endeavors- first one was a screenprinting class at Workshop on Saturday, which set the bar high for the rest of the month. Possible updates to follow- paintings of Africa, muraling my cousin's nursery, photographing my city.
Picture via buyolympia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment