Monday, July 18, 2011

Rain on the way home

reminded me of Midnight in Paris, how Owen Wilson's character likes to walk around the city in the rain and Rachel McAdam's character does not. It made me think of how we can see a circumstance beyond our control as favorable or unfavorable. Just like how right now, I can't control how much ink gets soaked into the screen or how much reading I have to get done for tomorrow. But I can choose to see what I have as a positive- that I'm having this opportunity, even though it's intense and hard and everyday gets closer to the end when I have to turn something in and feel proud of it, as opposed to seeing myself as not being able to do it.
I can see New York as a place where I'm not connected to many people, or I can see it as a good thing- being done with church right after it's over and having more time to wander around on a Sunday afternoon and getting to go and see the inspiration for City Church.
I can see Columbia as a school where I'll never feel confident and I'm self-conscious about everything I turn in or I can see it as a place where I can learn and grow as an educator and a person. I can rely on other people to tell me I'm doing the right thing, or I can believe it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment