Monday, June 6, 2011

L'annee de changements

"Meg, this year has been one of changes for you," so my French colleague Laurence told me today. It has been five years after college, exactly on this day, and I think that makes sense. A lot has happened in the last five years since I've graduated- I've lived in France and San Francisco, I've made great friends, I've been to Africa twice, I've gotten my teaching credential, worked at a French school, and learned about myself. Now, I'm on to giving my attention to what's next- a new city for the summer, more school, relationships, a new school to start at in the fall.
It's going to be an emotional last week of school, of that I'm sure- I choked up just walking my normal route from the bus stop to school today. It's the first school I've ever worked at, the one in which I've gotten to interact with some of the coolest parents and families I know, and speak French everyday. Where teachers toast to my new future, people know me, I know them, I take their kids to the beach, they drive me home. In some ways, I'm scared to leave a place where I'm known and loved.
It's the year of changes, and sometimes it's better when they happen all at once, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment