Sunday, January 2, 2011

I love York City



2010 seems overwhelming for me to encapsulate, like I did with 2009 last year. Right now, I'm thinking in terms of the last two weeks and how the respite of York city was just what I needed.

*I voraciously devoured books, I mean stayed up all night reading Little Bee, Three Cups of Tea, and Stones into Schools. Today, I almost finished The Object of Beauty on the way home. All I highly recommend.

*I spent time with friends doing things that with my fast-paced city life, I normally can't afford to do with my time- going on runs, salvaging at Gabriel Brothers, dancing to Wii dance all night long, watching full-on Entourage episodes, driving around to find the Amish buggies and one-room schoolhouses, playing flash scrabble

*I got to spend time with my family- eating meals together, helping set the table, wrap presents, clean up after dinner- the chores that I used to have

*I went crazy with a sewing machine and Lotta Jansdotter's patterns from Simple Sewing

*I watched three TV series- Big Bang, Entourage, and 16 and Pregnant

*I saw friends that I've known since I was in high school and felt as though we are still the same people

*I went to an Irish bar, drank strawberry beer, and danced while eating kettle corn with three of my favorite people in the square of first night York on New Year's Eve

*I learned to play Animal Herders and now have a copy for my third graders

*I merged the SF world with York world and my friends were amazingly gracious while along for the ride

1 comment: