Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I made it

Through the marathon week,
The day in which I learned how to fill out report cards, gave a presentation to my classmates, hitched a ride to class and the airport, turned in a paper, took a redeye, apologized to the kids in my class about not dressing up for Halloween. Ms. Frizzle will just have to wait until next year or next week.
I've made it through the first 6 weeks of school. That in itself, is an accomplishment.
Also noteworthy this week- my pledge to step out of self-pity and embrace the life that I've got, to laugh and enjoy when I'm pulled in many directions in the hallway at school by students who love me, to trust that I know the right thing to say and do. Inaugurating the second annual Meg-Mag reunion of 2011 and the first Meg-Brad reunion on Boston's hallowed ground. Seeing urban farming become a reality- in a place where I remember when it used to be an abandoned field. Taking a pilates class and having sore abs for the rest of the week. Sitting in the SFO airport blogging on a Wednesday night. Realizing I won't have all of my ducks in a row before I leave- that the semester's train is soon going to be coming into the station and I am going to feel overwhelmed. Especially when the third grade class that I'm going to be taking over keeps telling me that I don't tell them to highlight their spelling words the right way. But this is the calm before the storm, at least I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment