Saturday, August 14, 2010

Papa Gardener


I've been really feeling reliant on grace recently. Needing grace this summer in order to survive financially. Having to ask for help has never been easy for me.
But this one, my dad! has been freely giving me grace, left and right. Breakfast at Ella's to say that he wants me to decide where I want to create a life for myself, wherever that is. Remembering my friends' names and asking me how they are doing.
Sharing my mom's and my excitement for Africa. Hearing stories about businessmen I met on planes on the way to Atlanta last weekend who offered me trips to Zimbabwe- then actually knowing the person I was talking about. In an overprotective way that only dads can be.
Trying to contain my mom when she was worried about me staying in an NYC apartment that I found on the Redeemer website.
Not making a big deal about his birthday, usually ever, even though it is tomorrow.
Here's to you, Dad- on your birthday. Thanks for supporting me throughout my life, but especially, in more ways than one, during my "turbulent twenties." I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment