Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sulphur and Sinuses

A lot of my internal undoings lately have happened around two things: Sulpher hot springs and stuffed up sinuses. I spent the day in bed on Friday after sleeping for 16! hours (not 20), catching up on TV and documentaries- among the best were Flow and Herb and Dorothy. I started to cry when I realized I didn't know who to call to pick up my antibiotic prescription- both Maggie and Robin were my go-tos for that kind of stuff. I hate asking people for anything, but luckily Kimberly came to the rescue.

The sulphur from Wilbur Hot Springs came into play in healing me physically and emotionally from the last month, the transitions and the ups and downs. I don't feel exactly like a new person- I'm still blowing my nose all the time- but I'm in a better head space than I was before I went. I was able to be quirky, funny, random Meg- so much so that one of my friends said they can't wait for me to be married so that my husband can laugh at me all the time. I should have told them that six-year-olds get to everyday. Work didn't stress me out the way it normally does, neither did class and transportation (now sans bike). Or figuring out that I hadn't booked the flight home for next weekend like I thought I had.

1 comment:

  1. The experience of Wilbur ends up impacting and affecting in so many different ways. Each visit seems different for most people, and every experience ends up having new revelations, as well as new questions. Apologies that it didn't completely help physiologically, but maybe next time! It's a pleasure to find notes like this... it reminds us we have a special place. I really appreciate you sharing this. Thank you, and be well!

    Sincerely,
    Michael from Wilbur!

    ReplyDelete