Monday, October 10, 2011

Cleaning out my inbox

It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and actually respond to non-urgent emails and organize my gmail. Usually I deal with email on a daily basis as-needed and it feels like a chore. I'm trying to see things in my life as opportunities, not things to check off the to-do list.
For the first time this weekend, in Napa with the YUTES of City Church, I started to feel like my mind was clear again. There was nothing pressing to do that I had to do that second, except be with kids and roast marshmallows with them, share my story and listen to theirs. It's been a long time coming- I can't remember being de-stressed in a really, really long time.
Maybe the first 6 weeks of school being over, relationships grieved and changing into hopeful new ones, and free time have all contributed. That, and pilates twice a week, happy hours during the week being re-instated, Sunday night dinners with friends that feel life-giving, and reading books again for fun, not for academic purposes. I highly recommend Tales of the City if you have ever lived in San Francisco.
There will be times when I won't be able to get the negativity out of my head or the fact that I haven't gotten a dog yet or been as productive as I had hoped on a rainy day will get me down.
But there will also be sunny days, when the blue angels will fly in a heart above your school as you are watching the kids at the end of the day before a three-day weekend, when you will believe in God, His provision, and be able to trust in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment