Saturday, December 18, 2010

Curious George

Today the kids and I read Merry Christmas Curious George. The monkey is the theme of many things for me right now- my Christmas cards, the posters adorning the city of San Francisco, the ever present stuffed animal at our Christmas show and international potluck. See below.
Curious George as some of my friends in my credential program said, needs to be admitted to a mental institution or have his head examined, because of the kinds of stunts that he pulls.
I don't know why I relate so well to this silly little monkey. Maybe it's my own childlike curiosity and how the kids I teach make me laugh all of the time. Or I lose myself in books, and when the vice-principal tells a story about one of my first-grade students gushing over why she likes to read, my eyes well up with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment