Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm feeling...

Clarity for the first time in a few weeks. I'm finally going to try and process feelings when I feel them instead of letting them pile up over time, culminating in a breakdown after Bluegrass on my friend Pryor's couch.
Guilty after setting the boundary to not go to my public school today, I saw one of my fifth graders on the street on my way home in the Mission.
Sweaty from riding my bike home, I did even the Fell part of the Wiggle at night.
Nervous to have my supervisor come tomorrow and observe me in the classroom and then talk with me about it.
Hopeful about people learning who I really am.
Excited to learn more about myself and how I cope best with the stress that I'm facing daily.
Unsure of how the kids will be tomorrow; if they will stage a coup as my friend Joe says.
Validated in how I feel at school, after one of the teachers wrote me an email and told me when she's free in case I need a listening ear. That's never happened to me at FAIS before.
Sad that my friend Pryor is on her way back to Tennessee now.
Overwhelmed by injustices in the world.
Scared about future relationships, how I will inevitably mess them up.
Confident that I am who I am today, growing in grace, dealing with my feelings and emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment