Sunday, June 14, 2009

What time is it?

Summertime, anticipation, no more waking up at 6 am...
I've listened to the HSM2 soundtrack song so many times over the last few days, that the words are all jumbled together in my head. Even my friend Sayde from home, who I saw this past weekend in SLO, knew the words and bopped along to the song while it was blaring in the car. She said it's because "Zac Efron's a cutie," but I'm not sure if that's really why she knows all the words.
I listened to it the first time with Maggie the other day, we shared headphones on an ipod so as not to wake our other roommates up. It was too hard to dance with the headphones in, so we had to turn the volume down low and turn the speakers on.
The second time I was with my last group of kids on Thursday morning. I played the soundtrack for them and they were so excited for this song and "Gotta Go My Own Way" (into second grade, go figure?) It was a bittersweet moment, these were kids that I've grown so attached to over the past year that I had a hard time letting go.
The third time I was with Claudia and Robin on the car trip down to SLO that same day. Our music selection was diminished significantly, but we came upon a CD entitled "Meg's Choice" from 6/08 that helped set the tone with Ingrid Michaelson, Death Cab, and HSM hits all on the same disc.
The fourth time I was with Matt and Katie on Friday night, I think? and Nick and Robin and Claudia at Nick's house to celebrate Matt's birthday. I'm sure that it came up in some context that evening, Matt singing it, I just can't remember all of the specifics.
Saturday, I was having a hard time rallying for the next outing, due to the lack of sleep from the night before. Sayde wanted to see the landmark Morro Rock, a gi-normous rock jutting into the ocean a few miles from San Luis Obispo. As soon as I got into the car with Sayde and Robin, with the windows down and the song blaring, I felt re-energized.
It's Sunday night now, and I'm thinking about what time it is? I don't have to wake up at 6 am...

1 comment:

  1. "What time is it?
    Summertime
    It's our vacation
    What time is it?
    Party time
    That's right, say it loud"

    ReplyDelete